Just wanted to give you all a quick heads up about the offer Amazon UK are doing at the moment for a free luxury beauty box. There are freebies offers everywhere, especially as the moment in the run up to Mother’s Day, so it’s easy to get a bit overexcited about the idea of getting something for nothing (am I talking about myself here? Well yes of course I am). However, I think this box is a great deal if you order from Amazon regularly anyway, and I am really impressed with the box contents.
So what’s the deal? If you spend £50 on beauty purchases from Amazon UK, you get a free luxury beauty box worth £50. That’s it! The purchases must be from Amazon rather than marketplace sellers, and can only be from the beauty section but that includes skincare, haircare, makeup and fragrance. If in doubt, if a product counts towards the £50 spend it should have a link to the promotion on the product page. You have to add the beauty box to your basket and then the discount is applied at check out. It’s limited to one box per customer and the offer is on until Sunday 23rd April. More details here.
I decided to go for this offer as I had a small list of beauty products I was planning to buy anyway. It was all too easy to spend £50! I bought some makeup brushes, a beauty blender sponge, some other bits of makeup and then padded my order out with shampoo and conditioner. Everything I ordered was on Amazon Prime (I’m a Prime member) and all arrived same day delivery (this is why I love Amazon) apart from the Beauty Box itself which came next day delivery. That was yesterday so I haven’t used any of the items in the box yet but I’m looking forward to trying out several this weekend.
Three reasons why I think this is a particularly great free offer:
- High end brands. Lots of big names in this box like Elemis, Gatineau, Rodial and Laura Geller. I love Elemis skincare but the rest of these brands I’ve mostly not tried so this is a good opportunity to give them a whirl.
- Super variety. There are 10 products in the box including face, eyes, lips, hands, body lotion, shower gel, makeup and nail polish.
- Fantastic sizes. I get lots of samples and often they’re very small, but some of these are full size or excellent size samples.
The packaging is also very pretty in a cream and lilac box, with a nice chunky booklet explaining the products and how to use them. This would make a really nice gift – or even better, buy someone a beauty gift from Amazon and keep the box for yourself!
What’s in this box:
- Elemis sweet orchid body cream 50ml (full size)
- Gatineau Aquamemory moisture replenish eye roll-on 15ml (full size)
- Rituals zensational foaming shower gel 50ml (full size)
- Time Bomb hand to hand combat hand cream 30ml (excellent handbag size)
- Trilogy rosehip vital moisturising cream 20ml
- Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream skin protectant 5ml (this is the only one which is a slightly disappointing size, a tiny tube inside a big paper sleeve)
- Rodial dragon’s blood lip mask 5g (single use)
- First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 bouncy mask 9.6g
- Laura Geller Baked Balance’n’Brighten foundation in Fair 1.8g (I don’t think there was a choice of colours but fair is good for me!)
- OPI Nail Laquer 3.75ml (I don’t know what shade this is but it’s a really vibrant coral-orange which I love. However it says there are various shades so you might get something different.)
So that’s the box! Let me know in the comments or on social media what you think – I’d love to know if you decide to go for it and what you like best!